Miss Something? Search it here!

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Making My Way Into the Industry

      As you all know or have learned throughout the course of reading this blog, I have a passion for what people call the world's most superficial and possibly corrupt industry. But fashion means something different to me than it does for others. Some may see it as a hobby or something that makes them cute or attractive. Those are the same individuals who give the field such a bad rep. I see it as a form of (ah! cliche moment) self expression. I see it as a means of displaying bursts of creative energy and making "cool" or "trendy" what would otherwise be quirky or unpopular or simply bizarre. I read into it more than most would or even should, but I just cannot help myself.
     With graduation approaching much too quickly, I have a long list of things I want to do. At the top is my pilgrimage, so to speak, to the city. I want to shop, visit museums, which I love, and envelop myself in the rich cultural and diverse atmosphere. I'm not going hoping that all of my dreams will mystically come true because of the fab but painstaking and uncomfortable heels an editor could notice on the street or something else along those same lines. I'm looking to get an internship and to break into the industry by working hard and fostering my passion for words. For those of you who know me a bit better, my goal in life is to become the world's best dermatologist. I am no longer sure if that's the path I'm meant for. All I know is that I want to go to the city and soak in everything it has to offer and pray that that's where my calling is.
     So what's a girl to do? Enter the intriguing and intensely competitive, but creative and glamourous field of fashion editing or develop the scientific mind I've been blessed with in an equally competitive field? (I love competition. It's where my drive comes from. I'm wherever it is, unless it's sports. I'm challenged in that respect).
    If any of you know a great way to get my foot in the door, I implore you to let me know!!!! And remember, it is all of you, my peers and readers and friends and family that provide me with the inspiration and drive to dabble in fields that I honestly have no idea how I came to, but love so greatly. So I hope you enjoyed my fashion stream of consciousness and can continue to be my inspiration as I try to take on the industry!
 
xoxo, Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment