Miss Something? Search it here!

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Elise and Jill: The Girls Behind Frock It Out

I have always wanted to create a fashion blog. It was just something that seemed like a good fit for me. So here it is, my introduction to the fashion world. A little bit about myself…


Writing is my passion and my life and fashion is my muse. I grew up the eldest of four children, three of us being girls, so needless to say, our lives have been filled with fashion. My mom had, still has actually, very good taste and has always taught us to create an individual style. She is also an English teacher, which explains my passion for the written word. This is something I have wanted to pursue for my entire life and I intend to as a career, whether or not medical school gets the best of me.

My goal is to, along with Jill, put my passion for clothing, jewelry, beauty, and details into a form in which you can feel it just as much. This blog will consist of designers, the up-and-coming in fashion, naturally. But even further, drawing inspiration from my friends and peers, I will show you what style is all about for me. So I encourage you to take on this journey with us, learn a little something, and help us learn a bit about your tastes and ways in which you incorporate high fashion into your life. Fashion is beyond the superficial. Its is affected by the times, by politics, by everything. And don't dare think that you aren't into fashion. I know you're affected by it first and foremost because you are reading this, and secondly, because, in the words of some of the best fashion editors, you have to get dressed when you wake up in the morning.

xoxo Elise


What made me want to start this blog in partnership with Elise is (a) my secret and intense passion for the written word (that is, unfortunately, now not so secret) and (b) my desire to share my views on fashion with the rest of the world, let others take a look at me, and either say “I love it!” or “I hate it!” and draw inspiration from that. Inspiration and determination is what drives us as human beings to push the envelope. And that is what I intend to do.


I am truly fascinated with the fashion world. I can’t really fathom how there are so many different individual styles that are just in your own city, not including the fashion world outside of your own microcosm, yet they still manage to all work together to create what we know today as “the fashion world.” And there is more than just the clothes, it’s the whole look. It’s the makeup, the hair, that awesome bangle you saw last week at a coffee shop on someone else’s wrist that can really pull everything together. People don’t like fashion because it’s fashionable or because they want to look nice. They like fashion because it’s in their genes and their jeans.

xoxo Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment