Miss Something? Search it here!

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Style Icon: Courtney Love

courtneylovebarrette.jpg
(imagesfromgoogleimages)

I know what you're thinking. "Really, Jill? She's a train wreck !" 

A mess? Yes. But a smokin' hot mess.

Courtney's signature bleached blonde locks and dark, ruby lipstick are iconic to the grunge era and many 90's children like myself. I always grew up looking at her as someone not to be, but as I grow older, I have become more understanding of her image and some of her actions. Plus, her vocals rock and being the front woman of Hole is enough to gain some respect in and of itself.

And let's just face it, she's really gorgeous, even when she is a mess.





Courtney is all about mixing feminine pieces (she is especially fond of lace) with a couple of updated/edgy ones and a bold pop of color somewhere in the mix. I know her signature lips are generally red, but I think that this fuchsia pink is 1.) Extremely playful and young 2.) Easier to wear than red, although it may be a little out of some people's comfort zones.

The thing about Courtney is, no matter what she is wearing she always exudes confidence and adds her own spice to the look to make it completely her own. I think all of us could use a little more Courtney in our wardrobe and life.

--Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment