Miss Something? Search it here!

Friday, June 17, 2011

How-to: Develop A Wardrobe

I'm very excited to present the very first how-to installment for my Fashion for Beginners series! I'm going to start with developing a wardrobe. This sounds like a herculean undertaking, I'm sure but it's quite simple when we go back to basics. 


Basic necessities for any wardrobe:



  • Plain t-shirt in white and back
  • Plain long-sleeved shirt in white and black
  • A white blouse
  • Camisole-type tops in white, black, navy
  • Cardigans in several colors
  • A nice jacket
  • A few good pairs of jeans in varying cuts (I suggest skinny, bootcut, and a crop for summer)
  • At least one pair of dress pants, preferably black
  • A little black dress
  • Ballet flats, sandals (heeled, flat, it's all up to personal preference here), dress heels
  • A well-structured handbag in a neutral color
Some extras to spruce up the above items:

  • Blazers in black, tan, navy
  • Skirts of any variety that flatters your shape
  • Dresses either patterned or solid
  • Jewelry
Basics should be of good quality as they are the building blocks for your wardrobe. Most of these items are worth investing in. All of the above are suggestions, but can be very useful in building a wardrobe and using with whimsy pieces to test out trends. 

Anything I forgot? What do you think of these suggestions? Let me know! And don't forget to keep the ideas and questions coming for future posts in this series!

Also, I will be beginning an e-mail list for this series. If you would like to receive these posts via e-mail, shoot me a quick e-mail (address is on the Contact Us! page) with Fashion for Beginners in the subject line. And don't forget to follow me on twitter @esabak!

Wishing you love and fashion inspiration,

Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment