Miss Something? Search it here!

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

10 Beauty Investments Worth Making, Plus...

I'm the kind of girl who saves up all of her money for a trip to Sephora. I always look for good deals on products, but the next ten are worth the money. Each of these products is in my makeup bag or bathroom and I've been hooked on them for a while. So get ready for the best ten products the stores have to offer this season and beyond.




1. Rosebud Salve (strawberry is my personal fave): $6-The do-it-all balm. It's great for dry skin and especially for lips; it keeps them moist and soft all day, beating chapstick by a long shot. I've even used it to tame a flyaway or two!

2. Sephora by O.P.I. Nail Polish in Dark Room: $9-Style.com raves about this color as do I. It's the perfect color for both fall and winter

3. Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioner: $11-Another style.com fave. I just had to try it when I heard about it and it is great and produces soft, luscious hair.

4. Tarte Emphas-Eyes Liner: $18-A "green" pick at Sephora, and a long-time fave of mine, it looks great in black and plum, which proves to be a great, not-so-intense color that still gives your eyes definition.

5. Code Blue: $18-A great treatment for sunburns, acne, or any type of soothing for skin.

6. Bare Minerals Mineral Veil: $19-A great transluscent mattifying powder to lock in liquid foundation or concealer. A plus, it has SPF 15.

7. Diorshow Mascara: $24-This mascara gives lashes phenomenal length and volume. It's definitely my go-to mascara.

8. Smashbox Blush: $24-Smashbox is known for great products (think photo-finish primer, another must-have), and this is no exception. This blush gives a radiant and natural glow. My shade of choice is Bare.

9. Juicy Couture Fragrance Pen Set: $35-I absolutely adore all three Juicy Couture fragrances. For a limited time, get a .33 oz spray of all three scents at Sephora. This is great for purses and on-the-go.

10. Clinique Radiance: $55- This is a bit of a splurge but it's so worth it. It works like a peel, so if you have skin that needs exfoliating or have redness left from acne and want to speed up the healing process, this is for you. Style.com raves about this as well, but be careful with this one--its powerful, so you might want to see your dermatologist before using it.

xoxo Elise

Plus...

I’m in the market for a new primer. I got a sample from Sephora which I absolutely adore. Problem: it’s ridiculously priced. So I'm asking you, my beloved fashionistas and beauty mavens, to send any suggestions my way! I'm looking for a primer that will make my skin look fantastic, will minimize the need for touch-ups and won't break the bank. I would greatly appreciate any help!

No comments:

Post a Comment