Miss Something? Search it here!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Bag is Back






I have to admit it. I am a bag monger. I love them. I collect them. I overall have a sickening number of them, some of which I paid wayyy to much for.

But I find the bag/purse to be an essential for any outfit. It can either bring everything together, add a pop of color, or throw your whole look off, all while holding your essentials.

I am a huge advocate of the brightly colored bag. My favorite being a bright purple. I think it's especially appropriate due to the winter season. It can also be carried into fall and spring and even summer if you get it loud enough. Along with red, purple is the perfect way to add a spicy splash of color to your little black dress or just to be sassy with jeans and a tee.

Another thing I look for in a bag is the size. Everyone loves a good clutch for a special occasion, but when it comes to day to day wear, I look for the biggest bag possible. Mostly because I have a lot of stuff I like to keep with me at all times. Not only does it come in handy, it's big enough to draw attention to you too.

Metal hardware on a purse, as well as metallic colors are also huge purse "yes!"s for this year. Kathy Von Zealand is a master of this. Not too much and not too little. My current purse (the metallic turquoise pebble leather one pictured above) is a perfect example of this happy medium. The best part is, hardware goes with everything. Get one in a bright color to go with your blacks and one in a neutral color to go with your browns.

Patent leather also does the purse good. It's shiny and has that liquid "look at me" quality that will draw some attention to you.

Don't be afraid to spend a little bit more on a bag if you really love it. Bags and purses tend to last a long time, especially if they are real leather like most of the expensive ones are. If you take care of it, you could have a friend for life!

However, these are only suggestions. Don't put a good lookin' purse down because it doesn't have any of these traits! Everyone still needs at least one fabulous black or brown one.

-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment