Miss Something? Search it here!

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Colors We Crave: Nail Polish



There are two accessories in the world I absolutely adore. The first, handbags. But even more than handbags, I love love love nail polish. It's simple to use, it can brighten your mood, and it comes in an immense variety of brands and colors. The best part, it's an accessory that doesn't break the bank and you can get multiple uses out of it. I've used nail polish to do anything from painting my nails and toes to doing a quick fix-it job on a pair of scuffed shoes. Seriously. So I've compiled a list of nail polishes that I love and that I think you'll love too!

From Sephora:

Illamasqua Nail Varnish in DWS 


It's a cement gray color which I have been absolutely head-over-heels in love with since late summer/early fall. It was $14 well spent.

Sephora by O.P.I.


From left to right: It's All About Me, Caffeine Fix, Dark Room, Casting Call. All $9

I find all of these colors striking in different ways. I always find a hot pink hue necessary for spring and summer. This color in particular is flattering to my skin tone and it just a delightful and happy color. Caffeine fix is slightly more demure. I love purples and plums and I believe they add a chic pop of color to an all black ensemble or something slightly more formal. Dark Room is something we've featured here before. I adore the mix of gray and black and nave and forest green. The green is the standout shade when the color is actually on and it's a great and less harsh alternative to those who love black polish. Casting call is an interesting variation on a pink. It is much more muted than other pinks but it's equally as  adorable and chic.


From Essie:


From Top: Bordeaux, Midnight Cami, Lilacism, Pop Art Pink, All $8.

 Bordeaux is my newest color obsession. I'm a huge fan of burgundy this winter. It's a less bright alternative to red and adds a purplish hue. As you can see, I have an intense love for the color purple. Midnight Cami is another shade that I've been loving. Navy has always been a color staple in my wardrobe so it's fitting that I have a nail polish that color too. Lilacism is a great color which will be featured in many items this spring. When I was two, I decided that lilac was my favorite color. Looking back, the color represents the whimsy of childhood, so naturally, I love it. I'm just tickled pink by Pop Art! I think the color is the perfect neutral pink. This shade, being as neutral as it is, makes chips much less noticeable than they would be otherwise.

I hope you enjoy my color picks, as safe as they are. Let me know what you think! It's never too late to get into the contest. The winner could even get her favorite shade in the swag bag.

P.S. Three days until our Fashion Week Kickoff event and four days until fashion week. Stay with us for your chance at the prize.

"I don't do fashion, I am fashion." Coco Chanel

3 comments:

  1. I really like the Midnight Cami color by Essie. It's kinda iredescent and it has other color tones in it such as pinks and purples. I would buy it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the It's All About Me polish from Sephora by OPI. It's the perfect hot pink color! I also like the Pop Art Pink by Essie. It's sweeter and more subdued. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the Midnight Cami and Bordeaux colors. I'm always looking for basic colors, and I like darker tones that don't make me look like a scrub.

    ReplyDelete