Miss Something? Search it here!

Saturday, July 02, 2011

How-to: Go From Day to Night

For today's how-to, I thought I'd do something a bit less lecture-y and a bit more practical. For the most part, I think we're all busy girls who have bunches of things to do and sometimes don't have time to completely change between our daily activities. And that's where this post comes in. I'm going to take a practical and inexpensive piece and transition it from a day look to a night look.

Par example, you have a busy day planned, running errands, meeting friends for lunch, and then, say, you have a date with some new guy you met. For the errands and friends, you can keep the same outfit but you won't have much time after that to get glammed up for your date. That's where this comes in. The goal is to transition the pictured dress from a day outfit to and outfit appropriate for a night out.

The Dress/ Daytime Look:


Daytime Look

So here we have a simple taupe dress from Forever 21. We've got a cute cross-body bag, some simple stacked beaded bracelets and a lovely wrap watch for arm candy. The sandals are simply adorable and the punch of pink is a fantastic burst of color. To tie it in, I've included a pair of pink studs. You're free to mix colors as you please, but for this look, I chose to play around with my favorite color.

Night:

Night Outfit
For the night look, I've swapped sandals for heels, post earrings for a delicate, dangling pair, and a cross-body bag for a clutch. But not just any clutch, it's the  clutch of my dreams, a divine Alexander McQueen snap closure clutch. As you may have noticed, I also added a sweater, as it sometimes gets chilly at night. If heels just aren't for you, though, a darker shoe or dressier sandal will work for night. There's no need to sacrifice your comfort or tastes in your transition.

And, just as outfit elements change from day to night, so should your makeup. Opt for a bolder lip or smokier eye for the night look.

I hope this tutorial was helpful. Let me know what you think in the comments.

Wishing you love and fashion inspiration,

Elise 


No comments:

Post a Comment