Miss Something? Search it here!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

How-to: Rock Jeans and a T-shirt

I know some people who really admire fashion and love trends and such, yet really love wearing jeans and t's and don't really feel comfortable straying from those items. I mean, jeans and t-shirts are super comfy, and better that it's jeans than leggings, I suppose.

In today's How-to, I'll illustrate a few ways to take your comfy basics and amp them up a bit. Here we go...

Jeans/Tee/Jacket
This is a dressier jeans/tee look. Here, I paired a classic pair of dark wash skinnies with a simple white t-shirt and dressed it up a bit with a tan jacket. You can add accessories as you please, but I think a nice, sturdy bag works quite nicely as an accessory. I threw in a pair of pink flats for a pop of color, but they can easily be substituted with boots for fall/winter, or even heels or wedges.

Boyfriend Jeans
Here, I went for a trendier look, using a cropped tee and boyfriend jeans. It looks comfy and relaxed without forgoing style. It's a perfect compromise. Feather earrings make a statement and add texture and visual interest while the simple bag rounds out the outfit without going over the top. I love a good wedge with jeans, as well as flats, so I put a few options here. Keds are always classic and adorable while sandals make this look a tad more summer-y.
Shorts and Screen Tees
I've done an outfit similar to this before. It was kinda quirky, but a lot cute. I had a sequined pair of suspenders and I kept things neutral with a camel colored cross-body bag and sandals. One of my friends also put together a similar outfit, but with converse, and I thought that those were an appropriate choice to round out this look. I rarely ever wear screen tees but I bought this one after an episode of Glee and lovelovelove it with denim shorts.

I hope this post was helpful and gave you some new ideas on how to spruce up simple jeans and t-shirts!

Wishing you love and fashion inspiration,

Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment