Miss Something? Search it here!

Monday, March 08, 2010

Oscars: My Favorites !

The most fabulous night of the year for the movie crowd was yesterday, and as per usual, some of the celebs really turned it out, while others fell flat. I'm not going to be negative (just yet...) so I'd like to focus on the good that I saw on the glittering red carpet this awards. And hopefully those who didn't look so hot (they know who they are) will make better decisions next time around. 


(imagefromstyle.com)
I'd like to start with the lovely Sandra Bullock, Best Actress winner for The Blind Side. The detail on this dress (Marchesa) is exquisite, as is the color. There was really nothing like it on the red carpet that night and she wore the dress with such grace that it made her winning moment even sweeter for me. Her simple hair and jewelry complimented the complexity of the dress and made for an overall great look, and for me, it was the best look of the night. 

(imagefromstyle.com)

Hellooooo Iron Man and the Missus. This dynamic duo looked great last night in Lanvin. Yes, more beading and simple patterns with simple hair, makeup, and jewels. It was refreshing to see the large blue bow-tie and fashionably relaxed sneakers on Robert Downey Jr. while his wife was looking so classic in her gown. I love the color pattern on her dress and it was very flattering for her skin tone and figure. A++ from me.

(imagefromstyle.com)

Funny girl Tina Fey really turned it up last night in Michael Kors. Generally, Tina looks great, but last night she looked especially fabulous. The a-symmetrical neckline, unusual beading pattern, and cinched waist make this look completely original and it looked great on Ms. Fey's figure. Again, simple hair and jewels so as not to overpower the bedazzle factor of the dress. Rock on, Tina. 

Those are my top three, but that doesn't mean that there weren't plenty of other awesome gowns gracing the runway last night. Cameron Diaz, Anna Kendrick, and Vera Farmiga all had very awesome (very different) gowns on that really showed off the broad spectrum of the modern fashion world. 

But I have to go, Kell on Earth is waiting for me!

--Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment