Miss Something? Search it here!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Get Your Skin in Summer Shape

So now that it's summer and I want to wear less and less makeup, and now that I actually have this thing called free time (amazing!), I've been taking the initiative to get my skin to a level of improved texture. For the few of you who have ever seen me without makeup on, you know my skin is just a temperamental mess. So I've added a few products to my routine to help make the dark spots and blemishes disappear.

I've learned that the best thing to help remove dark spots in skin is a whopping dose of vitamin-C. Like, not just eating and drinking vitamin-C rich foods, but having a moisturizer or skin treatments with high concentrations of it. 


women-alba-avalon-organics-vitamin-c-rejuvenating-oil-free-moisturizer_1091287_175.jpg
This is currently the moisturizer I use. I have already noticed fading in the spots on my face, and makeup goes on quite well over it. It costs about $20, but you can get it at Target, which is ultra convenient. 

Another thing I absolutely never would have thought of, but works miracles is Mederma. My dermatologist told me to use a bit on my face every day. It reduces the risk of acne scars and fixes up any scars currently on the face. I had no idea that this scar treatment was safe for use on the face. One warning though, don't wear it on top of medicine, as you may irritate your skin and don't wear it under makeup. If you apply too much, it peels, and a peeling, makeup-y face is kinda gross. 

11010.jpg

And as usual, drinking plenty of water is great for your skin. So is avoiding sugar, although it is not as impactful as some say, so you can continue your chocolate/candy/slurpee obsessions. 

Bronzer and blush always add a great summer glow, so I recommend using those products to enhance your newly renewed and perfected skin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment