Miss Something? Search it here!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Street Style

This Could Be You!




Ever since I started this blog I've wanted to cover street style. The issue is this: I don't live in a huge city where I could creep on some people's outfits without getting noticed and I don't think people would really appreciate a seventeen year old wanna be fashion writer to go around begging to take pictures of their breathtaking outfits. But, in a city like Paris, this would be perfectly ok, not to mention that Parisian women have some of the best style in the world. Here, Tommy Ton shoots some street style in Paris for Vogue's style.com.

The photos above are courtesy of fashionfreax.net. I personally think that they are adorable choices that are totally wearable (unlike some of the furs donned on the streets of Paris, don't you think?). I could see myself or people I know wearing outfits like these.

So, where am I getting at with this? I  want to continue covering street style because it's a great way to learn what works on people, real people, who are not models or divas or unbelievably wealthy fashionistas who look as if they have just stepped out of a Paris or Milan or New York design studio, or off of the runway, for that matter. They're just like me and just like you, emphasis on just like you. I would be completely thrilled to see how many of you can find or even take a few pictures of your street style or the style of someone whose taste you admire. Send them here, or simply take inspiration from what you find. In noticing what others put together and how they do it, you gain a greater knowledge of what fashion really is and how it connects to your life and rounds out your style.

As Jill mentioned in her most recent post, she's going to take some pictures of her outfits to post here as inspiration. If I liked pictures of myself more, I'd post them here too, but quite honestly, I don't really take pictures of myself often because, like I said, I'm not entirely crazy about how I photograph. Nevertheless, I encourage you to send in something--a great outfit, bag, pair of shoes or tights, accessories, anything that describes your daily street style and your photo may be the topic of our discussion here on Frock It Out. So why not give it a try? Our intro photo could be you!

xoxo Elise

"It is the unseen, unforgettable, ultimate accessory of fashion that heralds your arrival and prolongs your departure." -only one of the world's most amazing women, Coco Chanel

1 comment:

  1. This is probably one of my favorite posts. I love Street Style. To me, the most intriguing styles are the ones that are raw and real. If you can pick someone up off the street and they look like this, it's so much more natural.

    ReplyDelete